36 Young Street, Manchester, M3 3FT
DX: 718188 MCH 3
Direct Dial: 0161 832 9082
5 Park Square, Leeds, LS1 2NE
DX: 713113 LEEDS PARK SQ
Direct Dial: 0113 242 1123
Embassy House, 60 Church Street,
Birmingham, B3 2DJ
DX: 13023 BIRMINGHAM
Direct Dial: 0121 200 3570
Clerked by:Paul Clarke
Richard acts for both claimants and defendants in serious personal injury claims, exclusively at multi track level.
Particular Areas of Expertise
- Brain injuries
- Animals Act and Equestrian claims
- Claims on behalf of service personnel
- Secondary Victim claims
- Sexual/physical abuse claims
- Acting for the family of a spectator killed at a downhill mountain-biking event when a competitor left the course.
- Claim against dog rehoming charity for rehoming a ‘pit bull type’ dog which went on to savagely attack the Claimant.
- Acting for victim of historic sexual abuse by serving police officer (led by Satinder Hunjan QC)
- Acting for 2 surviving occupants of the tank in the Castlemartin tank explosion (led by Michael Rawlinson QC).
- Acting for victim of historic abuse by football coach
- Member of special forces injured in cycling accident, suffering various orthopaedic injuries and brain injury, subject to P8 discharge, valued at £1,500,000.
- Fatal Accidents Act claim on behalf of the family of a soldier killed on exercise in the UK, required consideration of the relationship between FAA damages and AFCS compensation. Settled at mediation.
- Claim on behalf riding school employee who suffered complex fractures to his ankle when he was thrown from a horse.
Richard acts for claimants and defendants in the full range of clinical negligence and personal injury cases, including fatal and life-shortening conditions, both alone and as a junior. He also acts for families and other interested parties in inquests.
Richard is a reliable and efficient practitioner, can turn paperwork around quickly, and is willing to consider cases on a CFA basis where appropriate.
Year of Call: 2009
Areas of expertise
Personal Injury Bar Association
Professional Negligence Bar Association
“Clinical Negligence: Causation” for Westlaw UK’s Insight
2007, University of Liverpool (Chester): BSc Hons, First Class
2008, College of Law: Graduate Diploma in Law, Commendation
2009, College of Law: Bar Vocational Course, Very Competent
2009, College of Law: LLB Hons (2:1)