- Resources and Training
- Seminars & Conferences
- Wills & Trusts Group Seminar (Leeds): Five things you really need to know about....
Wills & Trusts Group Seminar (Leeds): Five things you really need to know about....
This seminar, hosted by Kings Chambers, will focus on five things you really need to know about Inheritance Act Claims, Mental Capacity and Trusts.
The programme for this seminar will cover:
Inheritance Act Claims: Five things you really need to know. Presented by Nigel Clayton TEP
- Jurisdiction, forms and procedure - getting it right
- Joining in other claims - can you do it and if so, how?
- Time limits and standstill agreements - what do you do if you are running out of time?
- Claims by adult children post Ilott v The Blue Cross - how do you deal with them?
- PRs - what role do they play?
Mental Capacity: Five things you really need to know. Presented by Matthew Hall TEP
- What is the test for capacity?
- What are the capacity "alarm bells"?
- How should I approach capacity with the client?
- What if capacity becomes an issue in a case I have dealt with?
- Is the law of capacity going to change?
Obtaining Information About a Trust: Five things you really need to know. Presented by Fay Collinson
- The decision in Lewis v Tamplin  EWHC 777 (Ch)
- The extent of the trustee's duty to provide information to a beneficiary
- Can a trustee justify withholding legal advice from the beneficiary on the basis of legal privilege?
- What application can a beneficiary make to obtain information about the trust?
- The position on costs
If you would like to register a place for this seminar please click on 'Book Your Place Now'.
15 Oct 2019
Kings Chambers, 5 Park Square, Leeds, LS1 2NE
8:30 a.m. registration for a 8:45 a.m. start
Approx. 1hr 45mins
£10.00 + VAT