The Future of Sports Law and Business
Friday 1 November 2019
09:00 - 17:00
£130 + VAT to £320 + VAT
A 20% Early Bird Discount is available until 20 September 2019
To book your tickets please visit Eventbrite here
Please note that all tickets are non-refundable
Rather than simply provide an update or debate an aspect of an area of sports law, this conference is intended as a critical event for those immersed in the world of sport. The conference will provide the opportunity for those with an interest in sports law, governance and the business of sport, the chance to hear what the leading experts think about the important issues within sport in 2019 and beyond, as well as time to debate, discuss and expand upon the topics discussed throughout the course of the day.
We are particularly pleased to announce that the event will incorporate the release of the findings from a major two-year study, generously supported by the European Union's Erasmus+ Programme, into the regulation of football agents across Europe. Leading industry figures and stakeholders will debate the findings and discuss what the future holds for football agents. Attendance is essential for all those involved in football anywhere across Europe.
Topics for discussion will include:
'Football Agents - how regulation differs across Europe and a practical look at the reforms'
'Concussion: impact and legal responsibilities'
Sports Governing Bodies under attack: can they survive the breakaway revolution?'
A review of the leading sports cases in 2019 from those at their centre
Sports Finances: avoiding disaster whilst ensuring competitve balance
Women's Sport - what the past can teach us about its future potential
- Emilio Garcia Silvero - FIFA Chief Legal Officer
- Jonas Baer-Hoffman - FIFPro Policy Officer and FIFA Task Force Member
- Roberto Branco Martins - General Counsel for the European Football Agents Association (EFAA). Advocaat & Partner, BMDW Advocaten
- Professor Richard Parrish - Director of the Centre for Sports Law Research, Edge Hill University
- Deirdre McCarthy - Associate, Centrefield LLP
- Carrie Dunn - Journalist and author of 'The Roar of the Lionesses: Women's Football in England' and 'The Pride of the Lionesses: The Changing Face of Women's Football in England'
- David Casement QC - Head of Sport at Kings Chambers. Sport Resolution Panel: Chairpersons' List. National Anti-Doping Panel: Chairpersons' List. FA Judicial Panel
- Gerard McDermott QC - Barrister at Kings Chambers
- Dr Richard Hardie - Consulant Neurologist with specialism in concussion sport
- Alan Darfi - Director of Projects and Legal, the Rugby Football League
- Daniel Parslow - Ex-professional footballer. Concussion awareness-raising campaigner
- Martin Budworth - Barrister at Kings Chambers and arbitrator for Sports Resolutions and the Football League
- Phil Hutchinson - Senior Associate, Mills & Reeve
- David Murray - Sports Rights and Negotiation Consultant. Former Head of Sports Rights at the BBC
- Laura Gould - Barrister at Kings Chambers
- Pete Hackleton - Head of Sports and Entertainment Group, Saffrey Champness LLP
- David Conn - Investigative journalist for the Guardian. Author of 'The Premier League: The Football Business' (1997), 'The Beautiful Game? Searching for the Soul of Football' (2004), 'Richer than God: Manchester City, Modern Football and Growing Up' (2012) and 'The Fall of the House of FIFA' (2017)
- Gareth Farrelly - Solicitor, Bermans Solicitors. Former professional footballer and CAS arbitrator
- James Johnson - Senior Vice President External Affairs, City Football Group. Former Head of Professional Football, FIFA
- Benoit Keane - Solicitor and Advocat, Keane Legal
- Stuart Tennant - Legal Counsel, Rugby Football Untion
- Steven Flynn - Barrister and arbitrator at Kings Chambers
Who Should Attend
Sports executives and administrators
Current and former players
Private practice lawyers
Last year's event attracted over 200 delegates from across Europe, Japan and North America, including representatives from Premier League Football Clubs, UEFA, FIFA, the RFU, British Cycling, the ECB, the INF and the Court of Arbitration for Sport, as well as leading agents, advisors, journalists and lawyers.
Should you have any queries please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you at the conference.
BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW