Kings Chambers is committed to providing a high quality service at competitive rates. The basis on which fees are charged will be agreed with our Clerks in advance of work being performed and a written quotation will be provided on request and outlined in the contract between yourself and the barrister. The basis upon which fees are charged will take into consideration a number of factors including:
- Seniority and experience of the barrister required
- Time taken to complete the work
- Length of case and commitment required
- Complexity, seriousness and value of the case
- Expenses incurred including travel and accommodation (if applicable)
Fees will either be set at a fixed rate, charged on a per unit basis (for example if the barrister is required to attend a hearing) or on a hourly rate. The agreed fee will be included in the contract between yourself and the barrister and payment of this fee will be required in advance. Our barristers will only be able to accept instructions on the basis that the agreed fee amount is received as cleared funds in advance of work commencing.
All fees stated are exclusive of VAT unless otherwise indicated.