36 Young Street, Manchester, M3 3FT
DX: 718188 MCH 3
Direct Dial: 0161 832 9082
5 Park Square, Leeds, LS1 2NE
DX: 713113 LEEDS PARK SQ
Direct Dial: 0113 242 1123
Embassy House, 60 Church Street,
Birmingham, B3 2DJ
DX: 13023 BIRMINGHAM
Direct Dial: 0121 200 3570
Clerked by:Louise Barnes
Charities, Trusts & Probate
Fay’s chancery practice encompasses both contentious and non-contentious work with a particular emphasis on probate, inheritance claims and trusts matters. She is routinely instructed in the following types of cases:
- Contested probate claims, including the validity of wills.
- Applications to court under the 1975 Act.
- Applications to court for the removal of personal representatives and trustees.
- Trust disputes.
- Applications to court for directions in relation to questions or disputes involving trusts and estates.
- Claims arising from breach of trust or fiduciary duty
- Proprietary estoppel, constructive trust and mutual will claims.
- Applications to court for rectification of wills and rectification or setting aside of deeds
- Applications to vary trusts.
- Related professional negligence claims.
Fay is a specialist court of protection and chancery barrister. She has a broad practice that encompasses contentious probate, trusts, property disputes and all sides of Court of Protection work.
Year of Call: 2011
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Court Of Protection Practitioners Association (COPPA)
North Eastern Circuit
Classics and Ancient History BA (Hons) First Class - University of Manchester
Graduate Diploma in Law, Distinction – BPP
Bar Professional Training Course, Very Competent - Manchester Metropolitan University
Sir Joseph Cantley Award, Middle Temple
Sarah Marsland Prize for academic excellence, University of Manchester