36 Young Street, Manchester, M3 3FT
DX: 718188 MCH 3
Direct Dial: 0161 832 9082
5 Park Square, Leeds, LS1 2NE
DX: 713113 LEEDS PARK SQ
Direct Dial: 0113 242 1123
Embassy House, 60 Church Street,
Birmingham, B3 2DJ
DX: 13023 BIRMINGHAM
Direct Dial: 0121 200 3570
Clerked by:Harry Young
Chelsea joined Chambers in 2016 on successful completion of pupillage. Chelsea is developing a practice in commercial and chancery litigation and welcomes instructions in the fields of insolvency (both corporate and personal), company, commercial disputes and property matters.
With regular appearances in the County Court and High Court conducting applications, CCMCs and trials, Chelsea has a broad range of advocacy experience. She is also often instructed in a range of advisory and drafting work.
Chelsea is down to earth and user friendly, and aims to provide a practical and professional service that is tailored to her clients’ individual needs.
Year of Call: 2014
Areas of Expertise
Chelsea is regularly instructed to represent clients in the County Court and High Court (small claims, fast track and multi-track). She is experienced in contractual disputes of all kinds, debt recovery, guarantees, sale and supply of goods and services, interim remedies (including summary judgment and applications for security for costs) and procedural aspects of the CPR.
Chelsea has a wide-ranging insolvency/company practice. Her experience includes advisory and drafting work and advocacy on a variety of different matters including:
- Appearing in the winding up list in Manchester, Leeds, London, Liverpool and Birmingham.
- Appearing in the applications list in Manchester and Leeds.
- Contested winding up petitions and bankruptcy petitions.
- Contested applications to set aside statutory demands.
- Contested applications to annul bankruptcy orders.
- Extension of an administrator’s term of office.
- Suspension of automatic discharge from bankruptcy.
- Applications for private examination and the conducting of private examinations.
- Applications by trustees in bankruptcy for orders for possession and sale.
- Permission to act as a director of a company known by a prohibited name.
- Permission to act as a director of a company following disqualification.
- Rectification of the Register.
- Extension of time for registering charges.
Chelsea regularly undertakes work relating to property disputes, including:
- Possession actions.
- Applications for charging orders and orders for sale.
- Applications relating to liability orders.
- Disputes relating to business rates and council tax.
Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn
Northern Circuit Commercial Bar Association
Northern Chancery Bar Association
LL.B Hons, First Class (University of Durham) (2010-2013)
BPTC, Very Competent (BPP Law School Manchester) (2013-2014)
Hardwicke Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn (2013)
Cholmeley Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn (2015)