- Areas of Expertise
- Admin & Public Law and Planning & Environment Team
- Health & Social Care
Health & Social Care
What our Health and Social Care Barristers offer
We have an experienced and specialist health and social care barrister team. We have counsel specialising in community care law and practice at all levels. Kings also boasts national leaders in the fields of Court of Protection and Mental Health Law.
Barristers regularly advise and act for public authorities and private individuals in legal disputes relating to healthcare and community care, including challenges under the Care Act 2014, the Mental Health Act 1983 and the Children Act 1989.
Areas of Health and Social Care Law we cover
- Care Act 2014
- Health and Social Care Act 2012
- Community care assessments
- Changes to care provision
- Charging for accommodation and domiciliary services
- Ordinary residence disputes
- The rights of elderly and disabled people
- Care homes and nursing homes, including funding disputes
- Asylum support
- Care standards
- Children leaving care
- Cross-border disputes
- Disabled facilities grants and adaptations to accommodation
- Local authority policy and eligibility criteria
- Welfare benefits
We pride ourselves on our excellent service and can offer assistance on an urgent (and out-of-hours) basis where necessary. We also provide regular training events either through the Kings Community Care and Disability Right Association or by way of bespoke in-house events from one or more of our team.