36 Young Street, Manchester, M3 3FT
DX: 718188 MCH 3
Direct Dial: 0161 832 9082
5 Park Square, Leeds, LS1 2NE
DX: 713113 LEEDS PARK SQ
Direct Dial: 0113 242 1123
Embassy House, 60 Church Street,
Birmingham, B3 2DJ
DX: 13023 BIRMINGHAM
Direct Dial: 0121 200 3570
Clerked by:Colin Griffin
Rupert’s practice covers all areas of commercial litigation including sale of goods and supply of services, general contractual disputes, financial litigation, restitutionary claims, insurance fraud and consumer credit.
He has experience of substantial claims involving breach of contract, estoppel and personal guarantees covering both interim applications and trials.
Prior to joining chambers Rupert worked in sports media dealing specifically with broadcasting rights. He has a particular interest and experience of sports related commercial disputes.
Rupert has in addition represented auctioneers and dealers in claims relating to the sale of artwork and antiques.
Year of Call: 2001
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Professional Negligence
- Sports Law
British Association for Sport and Law (BASL)
Personal Injuries Bar Association (PIBA)
Administrative Law Bar Association (ALBA)
- Co-author of the Halsbury Centenary Essay ‘The Field of Play’ (Butterworths, 2007)
- Contributor to the New Oxford Companion to Law (Oxford, 2008) on the subjects of combat and blood sports
- Contributor to Halsbury’s Laws of England volume on Sports (Butterworths, 2012)
- Co-author of Sports Law by Beloff, Kerr and Demetriou (2nd Edition)(Hart Publishing, 2012)
- Co-author of Atkins Court Forms volume on Sports (Lexis Nexis, 2013)
- Contributor to the International Sports Law Review
LLB PgDip(EC Law)
Rupert read History at Christ Church, Oxford, before studying Law at the University of Buckingham. He achieved the top first class law degree in the university; won university prizes for tort, EC law, trusts, criminal law and contract; and obtained the Edgar Palamountain Award for Excellence and Aylesbury Vale DC prize for Public Law. He holds a Postgraduate Diploma in EC Law from King's College, London.
Rupert worked in sports media before training for the Bar and undertaking pupillage at No5 Chambers. He is a member of Gray's Inn.