We believe that regular, positive recruitment has been the key to our success and we pride ourselves on the way in which we look after and develop our pupils. We regard them as colleagues and part of Chambers. We are committed to progress in all areas of our work and to continued recruitment of ambitious and outstanding individuals who seek a successful career at the Bar.
A pupillage at Kings Chambers has more to offer than those at most other sets:
- We only offer a pupillage if there is a tenancy available at the end of it
- You will receive an impressive, attractive and competitive financial package of at least £35,000 in your first year at the Bar
- You will get unrivalled professional experience in a very busy set
- You will be based in either Manchester or Leeds, both vibrant commercial cities which are major court centres and each offering young professionals a wide range of diversions away from the Bar
- You will work with colleagues, many of whom are acknowledged leaders in their fields, in a friendly and supportive environment
We recognise that insecurity and uncertainty of prospects are the greatest deterrents to those considering a career as a barrister. That is why we only offer a pupillage if there is a tenancy available at the end. Every pupil who demonstrates ability, commitment and determination during the twelve months' pupillage will be offered a tenancy.
Chambers looks to recruit pupils, for pupillages commencing in the Autumn of 2014 for all of its departments. We invite applications from anyone with, or expecting, at least a 2:1 honours degree in any subject. You can obtain our pupillage brochure telling you more about our Chambers and your prospects by following the link to download below.
Kings Chambers invite applications via the Pupillage Gateway in accordance with their timetable.
All applications for pupillage should be made via the Pupillage Gateway website, www.PupillageGateway.com
or download in PDF format: