A pupillage at Kings Chambers has more to offer than those at most other sets:
- We only offer a pupillage if there is a tenancy available at the end of it
- You will receive an impressive, attractive and competitive financial package of at least £45,000 in your first year at the Bar
- You will get unrivalled professional experience in a very busy set
- You will be based in either Manchester, Leeds or Birmingham, all vibrant commercial cities which are major court centres and each offering young professionals a wide range of diversions away from the Bar
- You will work with colleagues, many of whom are acknowledged leaders in their fields, in a friendly and supportive environment
We recognise that insecurity and uncertainty of prospects are the greatest deterrents to those considering a career as a barrister. That is why we only offer a pupillage if there is a tenancy available at the end. Every pupil who demonstrates ability, commitment and determination during the twelve months' pupillage will be offered a tenancy.
We invite applications from anyone with, or expecting, at least a 2:1 honours degree in any subject. We will consider applications from candidates who have not attained this standard only in exceptional circumstances. Any such circumstances should be clearly identified and explained on your application form. You can obtain our pupillage brochure telling you more about our Chambers and your prospects by following the link to download below.
Kings Chambers invite applications via the Pupillage Gateway in accordance with their timetable.
All applications for pupillage should be made via the Pupillage Gateway website, www.PupillageGateway.com
We value equality and diversity and we welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and all sectors of the community. Candidates for pupillage and for tenancy are assessed solely on the grounds of merit. If you are disabled and require any adjustments to be made at any stage of the application and selection process then please inform us of this and we will attempt to accommodate your needs.