Health & Social Care
We have an experienced and specialist Health and Social Care team. Members regularly advise and act for public authorities and private individuals in legal disputes relating to healthcare and community care, including challenges under the Care Act 2014, the Mental Health Act 1983 and the Children Act 1989. We have counsel specialising in community care law and practice at all levels. Members regularly advise and represent, local authorities, the Official Solicitor and individuals at all levels. Kings also boasts national leaders in the fields of Court of Protection and Mental Health Law; please click here for more information about our work in these fields.
Some of the matters include:
• Care Act 2014
• Health and Social Care Act 2012
• community care assessments
• changes to care provision
• charging for accommodation and domiciliary services
• ordinary residence disputes
• the rights of elderly and disabled people
• care homes and nursing homes, including funding disputes
• asylum support
• care standards
• children leaving care
• cross-border disputes
• disabled facilities grants and adaptations to accommodation
• local authority policy and eligibility criteria
• welfare benefits
We pride ourselves on our excellent service and can offer assistance on an urgent (and out-of-hours) basis where necessary. We also provide regular training events either through the Kings Community Care and Disability Right Association or by way of bespoke in-house events from one or more of our team.
Please contact our specialist clerks Bill Brown or Mark Ronson for further information.