Francesca P. Gardner
36 Young Street, Manchester, M3 3FT
DX: 718188 MCH 3
Direct Dial: 0161 832 9082
5 Park Square, Leeds, LS1 2NE
DX: 713113 LEEDS PARK SQ
Direct Dial: 0113 242 1123
Embassy House, 60 Church Street,
Birmingham, B3 2DJ
DX: 13023 BIRMINGHAM
Direct Dial: 0121 200 3570
Clerked by:Mark Ronson
Francesca accepts instructions on inquest matters, particularly those relating to detention under the Mental Health Act or the Mental Capacity Act.
Specialising in: Court of Protection; Mental Health and Public Law. Francesca’s practice includes instructions in all areas within the Court of Protection including: Welfare disputes; Deprivation of Liberty cases; financial disputes and Judicial Review proceedings arising out of COP proceedings. Instructions regularly received from: the Official Solicitor; public authorities including health trusts and Clinical Commissioning Groups and family members.
Francesca's practice is unique, in that she has an established dual practice in both health and welfare (including medical treatment) and property and affairs work within the Court of Protection.
Francesca also has a keen interest and experience in international cases within the Court of Protection including cross border disputes.
Year of Call: 2009
Areas of Expertise
- Court of Protection & Mental Health
- Health and Social Care
- Judicial Review
Francesca is ranked as 'up and coming' for Court of Protection Health and Welfare - All circuits
Chambers UK 2017
"She has a clear grasp of complicated issues and the ability to convey that to clients." "She is very clear, concise and she cuts through all the nonsense."
Member of Grays Inn 2009
Member of the North Eastern Circuit
Court of Protection Practitioner’s Association - Chair (Yorkshire & the Humber)
- Francesca provides regular training to: lawyers, medical and social care professionals and advocates. Recent training topics include:
- Cross Border disputes and Ordinary Residence (particular focus on Scotland);
- The Mental Health Act and the Mental Capacity Act, the interface;
- Deprivation of liberty;
- Children and deprivation of liberty; and
- Acting for the older client; financial assessments and property and affairs.
1. ‘The Cold Front’- Private Client Advisor
2. ‘ Support Network: litigation friends- Private Client Advisor
Bar Vocational Course- BPP Law School- 2009