The employment law team at Kings Chambers is dedicated to finding effective employment law solutions for all of our clients. We are acutely sensitive of the needs of business for clear, commercial and practical advice in an area of repeated and exponential growth in terms of both regulation and legislation. Providing employment law services from Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham, we provide vigorous defence of the rights of employees of whatever status be they workers on the shop floor or executives of multinational conglomerates.
To that end the team undertakes work on behalf of individual employees or those who are supported by a number of national trade unions. We also act for employers of all sizes including NHS trusts and multinational corporations.
The Employment Law Barristers
The team currently comprises 11 practitioners at all levels of seniority including a number of members who are nationally recognised in the relevant practitioner directories. Thus we offer both breadth and depth of expertise to clients. We offer advisory and advocacy services in the Employment Tribunal, County and High courts as well as disciplinary hearings before professional regulatory bodies. Members of the team also regularly appear in the Employment Appeal Tribunal and the higher appellate courts.
The team also undertakes non-contentious drafting in all facets of employment law related practice including contracts of employment, collective agreements, restrictive covenants, compromise agreements and sub-contractor agreements.
We are committed to continuing education and offer seminars and training exercises for solicitors and clients. A copy of our seminar programme is available from the clerks by request.
Our clerks will be pleased to tell you more about the work of the team or any of its members in our Leeds, Manchester or Birmingham branch.
Areas of Employment Law Work Include:-
- Bonus Disputes
- Confidential information
- Contractual disputes including changing collective terms and conditions
- Collective labour disputes and Trade Union Litigation
- Disciplinary hearings before professional regulatory bodies including the General Medical Council
- Discrimination and equal opportunities law
- Directors duties and senior employee disputes
- Employee share schemes and incentives
- Equal pay
- European employment law
- Fixed term worker discrimination
- Maternity, parental leave, and flexible working
- Mediation (whether as a representative or as a mediator)
- Occupational stress
- Part time worker discrimination
- Public law and judicial review
- Professional sports related employment law issues and disputes
- Redundancy (individual and collective)
- Restrictive covenants (including injunctive and springboard injunctive relief)
- Unfair and wrongful dismissal
- Whistle blowing
- Working Time claims
- Workplace based Protection from Harassment Act claims